Marketing Operations Specialist
As the Marketing Operations Specialist at Marchex, you will keep our systems running smoothly and efficiently.
You will be responsible for maintaining and improving the health of our database, from new lead acquisition to email deliverability, as well as our lead management process.
You will support the demand generation team in building new campaigns, testing performance, and automating repeatable processes. Additionally, you will be our go-to analytics expert, helping the team report on successes and uncover new opportunities, with a constant pulse on marketing’s impact on business revenue.
This role is a critical revenue driver for the company! The Marketing Operations Specialist ensures the continued success of Marchex by keeping our marketing and sales funnel running smoothly and efficiently, reporting on performance, and delivering a healthy pipeline of qualified leads to our sales team.
The Demand Generation Team owns and executes marketing programs, as well as lead generation, timely lead follow-up, and pipeline.Outline of Duties and Responsibilities
- Support sales revenue goals by maintaining our lead management process, including lead life cycle , lead scoring, and sales alerts.
- Work with our demand generation team to ensure we achieve significant year-over-year increases in qualified leads and pipeline by building and testing emails, campaigns, and web forms.
- Communicate regularly with our sales operations, sales, and customer teams to analyze who is responding to our marketing campaigns, and how we can better engage those who are not.
- Partner with our customer teams to create a maintain a unified view of Marchex customers across our systems.
- Work closely with sales operations to ensure data is syncing seamlessly in Salesforce and Market for accurate and up-to-date attribution, lead management, and reporting.
- Automate repeatable processes for the demand generation team and yourself.
- Build repeatable and self-serve reporting for the marketing team to analyze performance across pipeline, content, channels, and campaigns, and help us uncover the story within the data.
- Dig into data to understand what messages and campaigns are resonating with our customers and which ones are not.
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors.
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of marketing automation experience.
- Experience working in marketing operations software such as Marketo, Eloqua, or Pardot, and are familiar with how they work. Marketo admin experience preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM, Salesforce campaigns, and reporting, and comfortable building reports and dashboards.
- Strong analytical skills, using those skills to solve problems, uncover business opportunities, and tell a story with our data about what is and is not working.
- Bias toward simplification, without over-engineering our processes and campaign flow.
- Creative thinking and problem solving; help us uncover a better way of doing things and a better way of reaching our audience.
- Familiarity with HTML a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively cross-functionally and with all levels within the organization.
- Successfully worked in ambiguous environments. Needs can and will change frequently and you’ll need to continually roll with the tide.
Working Conditions The job conditions for this position are in a standard office setting. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Limited corporate travel may be required to remote offices or other business meetings and events.