Mgm technology partners is looking for a wordsmith to write original, discussion-worthy content on our Java-focused developer blog as a part of its growing team in Alexandria, Virginia, just outside of Washington, D.C. Examples of the kind of outstanding content we’re looking for include:
- Controlling GC pauses with the GarbageFirst Collector
- System-specific Security for JIRA and Confluence
- Geomesa vs. GeoWave: A Benchmark for Geotemporal Point Data
You enjoy interviewing and researching to get your facts straight. You have an opinion on the Oxford comma.
Naturally, you write a killer cover letter (we will not consider any applications without one!).
Your impact as a writer
mgm technology partners is new to D.C.—and America! Our Germany-based software development company just opened its office in Alexandria, Virginia, and we’re growing a local team to better serve our U.S.-based clients.
mgm technology partners has invested in branding itself as one of the best places to work in D.C., and the writer is critical to helping see those plans through. That means creating original long-form content (1,500+ words per article) on highly technical topics. The writer will learn how to optimize that content to perform well on social media channels and with SEO. They will help grow mgm technology partners’s pool of qualified leads and prospective employee candidates.
- Write and publish code snippets related to article topics.
- Interview mgm technology partners’ team of experts and research esoteric topics to fact check and promote our team’s high level of technical expertise.
- Refine and edit content as needed.
- Create editorial content to support our brand strategy.
Skills and experience
- A portfolio of published writing for a technical audience on Java development or related concepts (can be professional or personal work).
- Experience with documentation of in-process software, writing content in markdown, and configuring web applications from the command line.
- Comfortable interviewing subject-matter experts and conducting deep research on technical topics.
- Exceptional creative writing and editing skills.
Bonus points if…
- You have a related master’s degree.
- You have prior experience working on technical content marketing projects.
- You have prior experience as a Java developer.
- You know a thing or two about keywording, SEO, conversion rates, lead generation, and/or Google Analytics.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary.
- Health insurance, including vision and dental.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Generous vacation time.
- Adoption assistance.
- Tax-deferred commuter benefits.
- Ongoing education and training programs.
- Relaxed office environment and dress code.
We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
mgm technology partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.